If you have been watching the news in the restoration industry then it is impossible to miss the massive moves in mergers and acquisitions across North America.
Here are just a few of the acquisitions that have occurred recently:
- Global Restoration (Interstate Restoration) was purchased by First Services Corporation
- Belfor Holdings was acquired by American Securities
- Servpro was acquired by Blackstone
- Interstate purchased ASR in California
- Texas based First Call acquired by Belfor
- Belfor purchased Delta Disaster
- Kustom purchased Abracadabra Restoration
- United Restoration of Missouri acquired by Blu Sky
- Disaster One purchased by Blu Sky
- Belfor purchased Winmar
- Utah Disaster Kleenup acquired by Sound Core
- Mammoth Restoration purchased by First Service Corp
- Kustom Restoration partnered by CAT 5 Restoration
- Kustom purchased American Costal Restoration
These are just a few of the recent moves that I was able to locate in press releases. I would say that this would qualify for a potential dramatic shift in the restoration landscape. If you own and operate an independent company should you consider selling? If you look at the list above you will notice that the top players in the industry are purchasing larger companies, franchises and multi-location operations. What does this mean for your business?
In reality most companies are not worth as much as the current owner believes or needs for a comfortable retirement. Selling your business for top dollar requires the owner to create a saleable business and then often run it to sell for several years. The good news is that buyers are happy to pay extra for your business after you have made the necessary changes. Most purchases today are not made by operators that are looking to turn around poor performing companies – they are looking to add valuable companies to their portfolio, or buyers are looking to simply operate a well-run company.
It is difficult to ignore the moves in the industry. If you are looking for more information about creating a saleable business, valuing your company and the sales process then consider attending the Why, How and When to Sell Your Restoration Business workshop in Las Vegas. You will learn the following:
- How to value your business.
- Ways to increase your company value.
- What banks look for in financing transactions
- Where to find buyers, the process and cost
- Case studies of successful transactions
- Steps you can take today assure a successful transaction and transition
- Understand how deals are structured concluded
If you attend this event you will understand the sales process as well as steps you can take today to significantly add value to your business. This is the only sure bet in Vegas – you will come away a winner.
- Phillip Rosebrook CR, Business Mentors – Phillip is a 32-year veteran of the disaster restoration industry. He has worked with 100’s of restoration companies improving the value of their business, maximizing gross and net profits, building strong teams and creating successful business.
- Gokul Padmanabhan – Gokul is the owner of ResCon Business Brokers. He specializes in the disaster restoration industry and has operated as a business broker for over 13 years.
- Steve Mariani – Steve is the owner and founder of Diamond Financial Services – He has 22 years of experience and has helping fund over $1 billion in acquisition loans. Steve is one of the leading SBA experts in helping companies and individuals secure the financing that is needed in order to complete the transaction